February 9, 2021
SCHOLARSHIP OPPORTUNITY FOR KIDS OF FIRST RESPONDERS:
UNIVERSITY OF CHICAGO POLICE AND FIRE SUMMER SCHOLARS PROGRAM
As part of the Empower Initiative, the University of Chicago (UChicago) is excited to announce the Police and Fire Summer Scholars program.
To honor First Responders, UChicago is offering scholarship opportunities to eligible children of current/active LAFD sworn members. The student must be a high school sophomore or junior. This 3-week summer program is a unique opportunity for motivated students for educational immersion at one of the country’s most prestigious schools.
Under normal circumstances, this would be an on-campus residential program; however, due to COVID-19 and the restrictions placed on Chicago, the program will be entirely virtual this year.
ELIGIBLE STUDENTS MUST BE:
• High school sophomores or juniors
• At least 15 years of age
• The child (or legally adopted child) firefighter
• Students can apply to the summer program online at: summer.uchicago.edu
• Applicants must complete the entire Certification Form or online at summer.uchicago.edu/ certification
• The Regular Deadline is March 1, 2021
• Applicants must upload their Certification Form to their UChicago Account or email a copy to [email protected] by March 1, 2021
Students can apply to the summer program online at: summer.uchicago.edu. The application deadline is March 1, 2021.
Click HERE for additional information and to view the application.